Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Test. Because You ALWAYS Have to Make a Test

You know like a dress rehearsal but one where you check to see if the font looks right, the pictures look perfect and so that Blogger won't say that you don't have any posts.

Bored with winter promises of token flurries that never show up and the hurricane season is far away so I'm starting a blog to just be me offseason or in any season to muse and hopefully write passionately about things that I think on late at night that don't fit into any other place.

Why?

Because I learned tonight that Jose Marti wrote about Sarah Bernhardt and somehow that's odd as when world's collide and you realize they existed in the same time frame it makes your mind go "wow" which my mind does often because I am a writer.



See:
"sarah bernhardt cuba -Jose Marti en Paris: Sarah Bernhardt y Jose Marti. Consta que entabló amistad con Sarah Bernhardt. En ella descubrió « el símbolo de la energía pujante de esta nación » y publicó un artículo ditirámbico sobre ella en The Sun de Nueva York : « Una mujer pobre que logró tal importancia en el mundo ha de ser una gran mujer […] ¿ De dónde procede ? De la pobreza. ¿Adónde va ? A la gloria”

You can translate this on Google, but he basically was enamored of Sarah. Go Figure.

So was a great artist.......



Because I need to be more passionate about life and my writing and because I'm bored ... stuck between two seasons and about to leave winter behind for a few weeks and I refuse to obsess about whether it's snowing in North Carolina while in Florida. Sarah loved artistic renditions of her by Alphonse Mucha and I know this because I have this wonderful book that explains how they met and why she loved his art. 


Good book!
Graces my night table.

Good night Gracie :)

Besos BobbiStorm
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment